Thursday, January 14, 2010

Well, I've been trudging along. Exercising 6 days/wk...not really LOVING it but still feeling good knowing that I did it. I hope that as the weight comes off, it gets easier and I have more energy.

I've been EXHAUSTED by the end of each day. Lots of new things are hitting all at once. A diet, daily exercise, getting up with the 5 kids at 6am to have breakfast with Dad & a little morning devotional. I should have also given up my diet pepsi.....BUT HEY! I had to have something help me get through the day (yea, I know it's all in my head but i really do love my "liquid joy". Oh and I didn't mention I just started watching my sister's 2 month old for 10 hours a day/3 days a week. Thank goodness grandma takes him the other 2 days.

We're not loving our no carbs for 2 weeks on the So. Beach diet. The end is approching and we'll move into Phase 2....might not be something we stick with but it's helped us become VERY aware of what we eat. We're becoming converted to TONS more veggies in our diet and more "organic", "whole", "real" foods...not junk. (but I still kind of miss some of the junk, it was really yummy). LOL.

2 comments:

  1. The sad thing is that the junk does taste yummy. But I have learned that the longer you go without it, that you will begin to enjoy and crave what you are eating. So eat fruits and veggies, and soon you will desire those more than the other. Keep on it...you are doing good, and how awesome to be doing it with your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Junk is pretty yummy although... it loses it's appeal and honestly, it's okay to let a little junk back into your diet once you've got to your ideal weight but it's all about PORTION sizes!! Sounds like you've got a lot going on. Thrilled that you've managed to survive phase 1 of South Beach... CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete