Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Well, the competitions started! Everything is official now, I took the dreaded picture of the scale and HERE WE GO! I've been lazy on the blogging part but not on the HEALTHY LIFESTYLE part. Here's a quick recap of what's been going on.

Wednesday 12/30- took all 5 kids on a BIG shopping trip to Costco and got LOTS of fun & yummy stuff!
Friday 1/1- told my hubby I was going to do this weight loss competition. He announced that we were going to start "the south beach diet" as a healthy life style change. (UGH - I was still hoping to eat some of that yummy stuff I'd got from Costco, even once the comp. began.)
Saturday 1/2- went to Target for another BIG shopping trip to get the fancy yummy stuff that goes with our So Beach plan. And I started to bemoan the fact that we were officially on a "diet".

I've never BEEN on a DIET. I'm sort of embarrassed to say that I've never really set any limitations on my eating...just hoped for being "healthy" and trying not to eat to much. Well I guess that doesn't work, does it. Or maybe it's just me. I'll admit that I have serious self control issues.

BUT, I've actually found that I LOVE the limitations that the diet sets. I LOVE feeling a little hungry before my meals rather than constantly snacking. I LOVE all the veggies we're eating and that I don't go to bed feeling guilty about anything!
I LOVE the 75 calories (translation= 17 jelly bellies) that I get to eat each day. We're in Phase 1 which pulls all STARCY carbs out (no juice, fruit, bread, crackers, flour, dessert, etc). It's 3 good meals and 2 snacks and even a small 'dessert'(their terms not mine cause flavored ricotta cheese isn't my idea of a dessert, but I will admit that DH(dear hubby) had the almond flavor with toasted almonds and it was yummy!)

So, I'm enjoying my "diet" and hope it starts to show results. AND I've been exercising EVERYDAY (except Sunday is my rest day)! I did intervals on the treadmill on Sat, Mon & Tues. Today I did TurboJam. I love those TURBO JAM DVDs. They are super fun and I don't DREAD the workout. I would love to know what other DVDs people are using and like. I'd really like some great TONING ones....so please....let's share ideas. Anything is better than the treadmill, right?

1 comment:

  1. Well my personal favorite is P90X, but they are pricey! A really affordable one is the Jillian Micheals DVDs. You can buy them for like $9.00 at walmart or target and they are only 20min and a really good workout! Congrats opn setting limits and goals and sticking to them, the first week is always the hardest for me and your almost done with it!

    ReplyDelete