Friday, March 19, 2010

GREEN SMOOTHIES!

So, last week the nice lady at Costco looked up all the BlendTec demos for me to find who had the soonest one. Today I drove 40 minutes to the store that started their's today. I figure it was worth it compared to ordering online....I couldn't find any smokin deals (and believe me, I'm a bargain shopper so I know how to look.) I thought the Costco deal sounded great. It was $20 off the regular price and they extend the warranty 4 years for a total of 7 years! At the store my 2 and 5 yo boys tried the carrot icecream he made and LOVED IT! So tonight, we too had carrot ice cream and even better I made GREEN SMOOTHIES! Everyone loved the smootie more than the icecream. They weren't green, I was hoping they'd be purple but since I also added some red fruit they were kind of a yucky brown color.....but they did have like 10 cups of spinach in them!!!! We will definately have these everyday (if I can come up with a little more appetizing color.)
Now I just need some more recipes and ideas!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristen! I am a huge green smoothie fan! Four out of five of us in my household drink them almost every morning. I use Amazing Grass powdered wheatgrass as a basis for mine.

    Here is my favorite recipe:
    1 scoop Amazing Grass or Amazing Grass Superfood
    1/2 banana
    1 cup vanilla almond milk
    1 TBS ground flaxseed
    Big handful of baby organic spinach

    Blend and drink!

    Sometimes I will lightly steam the spinach...sometimes raw. Sometimes if I am having the Superfood I will omit the banana...sometimes I will add berries or mango to it (berries make it brown!)

    Good Luck and hope that helps some!

    ReplyDelete