Thursday, February 18, 2010

Vacations get me down...(but not in #s on the scale)

Well, I just can't keep up my "healthy eating" when I'm on vacation! I guess I'm not a true convert yet...LOL. I "tried" to be good but when the hotel has a yummy breakfast buffet and we go to a DELICIOUS pasta place i really shouldn't be too surprised that the scale went up a few pounds by the time we got back. BUT I was still so MAD! Then to top it all off there was no healthy food in the fridge the first day we were back. So yesterday I was so ticked off at the scale that I took a trip to Costco to get the yummy veggies that would hopefully get me back on the right track. We had pea pods, carrots, peppers, broccoli, tomatoes, 3 types of salad (spring mix, baby spinach and lettuce), pears, bananas, and MORE. I put out a little hummus and ranch and the kids ate so many veggies before dinner they could only eat a small portion of fish! It felt great! So, slowly but surely we continue the journey to being healthy! :)

3 comments:

  1. Way to get back on track. You may have made bad choices but at least you are working towards a postive goal and are not giving up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta agree. ,or traveling of any kind, is sooo hard when you are trying to eat right. Sounds like you are totally on track now though. Isn't it amazing that the kids love that nutririous stuff if it is around???? Let me ditto Moi's comments - congrats on getting back on track right away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traveling is a challenge and part of life. We all have to make the best choices possible based on what we are given at some point. Congrats on coming home and getting focused AND on enjoying life a little while you were on vacation!

    ReplyDelete